Saturday, February 26, 2011

The movies i watched recently & liked.








I was just watching the movie titled ‘Cold Mountain’. It is a tragic tale of a lover( an armyman)who turns a deserter to go home to his sweetheart. It was a gory movie & not for the faint-hearted. Tears were streaming down my cheeks for a good 10 mins, it was almost an emotional journey. Nicole Kidman with her resplendent beauty has played her part to perfection & Mr Inman the lead actor( I don’t know his real name) did justice to the role of an on-the-run , very much in love , wounded soldier .
Another movie which I really liked was ‘Before Sunrise’ , it’s a story of two complete strangers who start a engaging conversation on a train while traveling through Europe. They chat about themselves, their views , opinions…(sometimes the chemistry is just so spot on & everything just clicks).The whole story-line is so simplistic. The actors are brilliant & the romance so subtle, almost realistic, nothing loud or in your face about it.
Another genre of movies I like are ‘The Day After Tomorrow’, ‘Deep Impact’ ‘Independence Day’ types, these end-of- the-world scenario tales are gripping.These larger than life movies are a must-watch. Altough the latest 2012 failed to impress. My favourite being ‘Armageddon’ , I have watched it quite a few times & the ending is one of the most touching cinematic moments I have come across , inspite of knowing what to expect it overwhelms you. I challenge anyone to watch it without shedding a tear. Also I like the OST of the movie ‘I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing’ by Aerosmith, the lyrics of which can be borrowed to woo any girl & a definite winner… ‘Titanic’ another very common favourite also features on my list. Everyone has watched this movie, & nothing is left unsaid.
Just got back from the cinemas , watched an Oscar Best Picture nominated movie titled ‘Black Swan’. It is the story of a obsessive, sexually repressed ballet dancer with an intrusive mother .The performances were top notch. The storyline engaging & the lead actress Natalie Portman pulled you into the movie. Must Watch!

No comments:

Top 3 Songs of the Day